01/08/2012

The Hazards of Printing Flyers for Events

I have had a real saga getting printing done for our next event. I started with our regular “on-line printers”, who are normally fantastic, but are currently unable to supply anyone without a VAT number (new EU regulations). So I found another….well all went well, I uploaded the artwork just like before and all seemed fine. Then I get an email saying that the size of the file is wrong it is A4 but I want printing on A5; never a problem with the other printer.

I stayed up until midnight getting the files altered to fit this requirement and sent them off in time. Another email; some fonts are missing! I phone them and the guy says that I can send the files as JPEGs, which is fine so I do that; also in time for printing by Friday.

Another email, the JPEGs are the wrong size! I gave up at that point and am now on my third printer!

Gregor

N.Gregor Macgregor
Chairman, The Grand Pavilion Ltd

See our Progress: www.savethepavilion.co.uk &

Support out vision: www.thegrandpavilion.co.uk

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any ideas for the future of the Pavilion at Matlock Bath please let us know.