08/07/2012

Bakewell Show

Bakewell Show was pretty much a disaster this year. I turned up at 11.45am to find that it had moved. I then went round to the show ground to be told that no stalls could be accommodated, because there was no space!
The problem was that the recreation ground, which they normally use, was waterlogged. At the last minute they had been offered the car park at the back of the Agricultural Centre.
I am not the sort of person to take NO for an answer so I hunted around for a space to put the stall. I settled on a sheltered spot just by the entrance to the Agricultural Centre. This looked like a good pitch, but being near The Fair meant that there was not a good quality of clientele! In the end I probably only talked properly to about a dozen people, the majority of whom came from abroad and none came from the Bakewell area!
The one high point was Lynda (photographed) arriving and keeping me company. The low point was the downpour that we had to suffer from 2,30 to 3pm!
Net result was no new members for five hours work. Last year we signed up about 8 members. I think we would have been better painting the Pavilion!
Gregor
N.Gregor Macgregor
Chairman, The Grand Pavilion Ltd
See our Progress: www.savethepavilion.co.uk &
Support out vision: www.thegrandpavilion.co.uk



.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any ideas for the future of the Pavilion at Matlock Bath please let us know.